Hello all and I would like to dash out a huge thank you luxoballgmailcom for nominating me. It is a wonderful surprise to see all of the encouragement from everyone here!
And now it is my turn to answer the questions and dash out my own nominees! but first the rules:
Ahhh man do we have to have rules? Yes we do but they are fun!
- Thank my nominee
- Share the award on my blog
- Answer the 10 questions asked of me
- Ask 10 questions of new nominees
- Notify them
How did you decide on your blog name?
It is interesting that I would be asked that. The name evolved out of one of my very first characters I played on Everquest Rysteilla. The part that I find the most interesting about the name is that it came out of the the random name generator. The Merystia portion evolved from a joke between fellow players in which we added ME to the beginning of our names.
ME + RYST = Merysta which later developed into other variations: Meryst, Rysta, Rystie, Merys.. You get the picture.
And later on I felt that I needed a place of my own to bring them all home.
Who is your biggest blog fan?
That is a question I am not sure on since I have just started up with more blogging so I will have to go with ALL of YOU out there who take the time to kindly read my posts and random dreams.
What is your best piece of advice to anyone considering blogging?
GO FOR IT! I have played with a few forms of blogging through out the years and I think that we all want to contribute a little bit of ourselves to the world and here blogging provides the outlet the I have been seeking. It ties all of what I love to do together: writing, web paging, coding, crafting, graphics, knowledge and yes new FRIENDS.
What is your favorite blog to read?
NOO You can’t ask me that ! I really do not have favorite blog I lean towards in particular on any given day. So I will cop out and say all of them. (Big cheesy grin I know)
If you could meet 3 historical people from any point in time who would they be?
- Robinhood – I share the name and I like what he stands for. And I like that time in history.
- Alexander the Great – Just because of what he did
- Paul Revere – And not because of the “famous” ride but because he was a craftsman: a silversmith and he made bells.
How do you manage your blogging time?
I don’t, it manages me. The muse takes over and it is over in minutes or like this post hours and days. (Which is fine because I love it!)
Where do you get your inspirations for your posts?
Everywhere, life, friends, a monarch butterfly sipping nectar from a flower, dreams, blogs, the possibilities are endless.
What is (are) your favorite movie(s)?
Noooo this is just as hard as the favorite blog question; so I will narrow it down to a few favs:
- Lord of the Rings (need I say more)
- The Hobbit (ditto)
- Harry Potter (the whole series, there was 1 or 2 that I found weak but overall great)
- Stardust / The Princess Bride (these two I ranked together I just loved the twisted humor and the overall story. They are similar just generations apart)
- Indiana Jones (I liked them all despite the flak regarding the 4th installation)
- And finally I like some disaster movies : Dantes Peak, Deep Impact and a few others
What is your goal for your blog in 2016?
Sharing me. Finding my place in the world, reading more blogs.
Do you blog for pleasure or profit?
Pleasure. At this point I chose to be me, this is a big step for me to let people in and to see who I am, which relates to the previous question. 🙂
I nominate :